Venue Hire & Events
The Deckchair Cinema is considered one of the most beautiful and inspiring outdoor cinemas in Australia. Located on the edge of the beautiful Darwin Harbour, Deckchair is a perfect location for relaxing sunset drinks and nibbles before a film.
As a ‘must do’ for locals and visitors alike, Deckchair is an ideal location for functions, or group bookings, like casual networking, pre/post touring, cocktail functions on our lawn (catering to 20-100 guests), staff rewards / incentive events, and of course a relaxed dinner and movie.
With our fully licensed kiosk (strictly no BYO alcohol) and caterers nightly we can coordinate a casual pre-show beverage package, or a full scale event for up to 400 people. Our venue hire and group booking options include:
- Group Bookings – for school/community groups and groups greater than 50 people
- Dinner & Movie Functions – for groups up to 40 people for seated dinner and beverage packages
- Lawn Functions – for groups between 60-90 people who would like an exclusive function
- Exclusive Use Events – for private events being groups between 200-400 people.*
Being a fully independent cinema we program a diverse range of films including Australian, foreign language, popular, family friendly and the occasional classic. There is something to please everyone, and for some venue hire events we may be able to program a film (from the programmers selections) that is suitable to your audience.
* Please note, Exclusive Use Events, Special Screenings/Festival Bookings and Fundraisers are the only nights when the group gets to pick the movie. Please also note that we program well in advance and interested parties are encouraged to indicate their interest 3 months in advance of their preferred date.
To discuss your event please email email@example.com ensuring to include:
- The size of your group/event
- Breakdown of ticket types/ages in your group/at your event
- What sort of movie would suit your group/event
- What date you are planning to come
- Any meal and/or drinks packages that you need.