SEEKING GENERAL MANAGER
Deckchair Cinema is seeking a hardworking General Manager to manage all aspects of Darwin’s premier alternative, community cinema including venue and event management; marketing and communications; governance and legal, finance, budgeting and reporting; event and venue management; business development and stakeholder relations; IT and website management; human resources; and overseeing nightly operations in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Darwin Film Society Management Committee, the GM must be experienced, self motivated, committed, have an eye for detail, maintain high quality standards, and work to tight deadlines. Working as a leader of a small team your ability to problem solve, motivate others and be flexible to the changing needs of the business will be essential to your success and enjoyment of the role.
Selection criteria includes:
- Experience in managing events or a busy venue
- Experience managing finances, budgeting, funding applications and reporting
- Marketing, communications, publicity experience including ability to be a public spokesperson
- High level oral and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with training and managing staff in a customer oriented environment
- Proven experience working with diverse range of stakeholders. i.e. government, contractors and trades, suppliers, community groups, corporates and the general public.
For full selection criteria and other details please download the full position description here, and send your application to manager @ deckchaircinema.com by no later than Sunday 13 December 2015.