Seeking Festival Director
The Darwin International Film Festival, aka DIFF, is a key event on the Darwin arts/culture calendar. It presents the world’s best cinema to the Territory while bringing the best of the Territory to the world, all through a curated program of film, and screen workshops and events. DIFF has been held annually in September since 2010.
The Darwin Film Society is seeking a part-time Festival Director to create a unique and exciting Festival, while coordinating the on-ground requirements of DIFF to deliver a high quality Festival program. The role will coordinate communications and events with all partners, venues, individuals and organisations.
Reporting to the Chair of the DIFF Sub-Committee and Deckchair Cinema General Manager, the DIFF Director will position DIFF as a unique event on the arts festival calendar for local, national and international audiences, while looking to grow the Festival into the future.
Selection criteria includes:
- Exemplary coordination, logistics, organisational and time management skills, such as a passion for timelines, spreadsheets, procedures and simple systems
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a range of stakeholders, including the ability to oversee volunteers and brief staff
- Strong written communication skills including experience writing concise and friendly emails and coordinating content for reports
- Experience across a range of computer software and applications such as the Office suite of products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher), and CMS and social media platforms
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience seeking and securing external funding.
- Demonstrated interest in screen, arts and culture.
For full selection criteria and other details please download the full position description here, and send your application to email@example.com by no later than Monday 29 February 2016.